Part of Sanlam commitment to their trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why they offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study actuarial science in 2018. Job Category: Financial Services
Position Type: Graduate
Business Unit: Sanlam Personal Finance
Education Required: Matric / Grade 12
We are Wealthsmiths™. For almost 100 years we have been in the business of planning futures – it is more than our job, it is our trade. Our attitude is one of proper dedication to doing what we do exceptionally well.
Who are we looking for:
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What do we offer:
• Tuition and accommodation fees
• Allowances for books, travel and pocket money
• Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
• Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
• Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
• Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
• Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require?
• Final Grade 11 results
• Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
• An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
• A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- o In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- o Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- o Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- o Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
o If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor.
- Strong Analytical Ability
- Problem Solving Skills
- Order and Accuracy
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to function independently
- Good communication skills
Applications close on 30 June 2017