The CSIR has In-service and x5 Internship opportunities in the Radar and Electronic Warfare (REW) competence area within the Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit.
The programme aims to expose candidates and students to the work environment and provide them with workplace experience in the areas of design, manufacturing and maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical components and subsystems for REW systems.
These positions are based in Pretoria.
- Technical support and maintenance of Mobile Radar and Electronic Warfare facilities and laboratories;
- Electronic and electro-mechanical support.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- For In-service: currently enrolled for a National Diploma in electronic or electro mechanical engineering;
- For Internship: A National Diploma in electronic or electro mechanical engineering;
- Prior exposure to maintenance work will be an advantage; Prior exposure to soldering, welding, operating hand power tools and general workshop machinery will be an advantage;
- Competent use of Microsoft packages;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of Radar components such as Radio Frequency building blocks, Radar Signal and Processors, Power Supply, Cooling Systems etc;
- Willingness to travel to project sites,
- Ability to work in a physically demanding and military environment,
- Good communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: REW In-service and Internships: Reference No: 308011)
Closing date: 06 May 2017