Bergrivier Municipality is offering a Finance x3 and Intern Audit x1 Internship Programme.
National Treasury has set up a financial internship programme to manage capacity building in municipalities. Interns will undergo practical experience and further training in strategic reforms in municipal finance.
This appointment will be valid for 24 Months with a possible extension of a further year.
- A three-year Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance,
- Internal Auditing or Risk Management
- Proficiency in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write)
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- High level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail
- Accountancy and numeracy skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic knowledge of monthly reconciliations
- Knowledge and or experience with regards to Internal Audit processes
- Good communication skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Assisting in the implementation of accepted municipal accounting practice and budgetary reforms
- Training in the key performance areas of Internal Audit
- Reconciliations and financial analysis
- Electronic collection of financial data
- Internal Audit
Stipend: R 100 000.00 annually – stipend (as set out in the National Treasury Guidelines for the Implementation of MFMIP)
Date of acceptance: 01 June 2017 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Ms J Erasmus / Mr G Goliath at (022) 913 6000
1. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
2. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
3. All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the concent of the applicant.
4. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
5. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
6. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
7. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
8. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
HOW TO APPLY
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 913 6000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates and a Curriculum Vitae, to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P.O. Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms AG Louw (Manager: Human Resources) by no later than the closing date.
No faxes or electronic mail will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 15:30 ON FRIDAY, 05 MAY 2017