Purpose of this Learnership is to provide Learner with the required exposure to institutional learning and workplace experience that will enable them to obtain an Artisan qualification at level 3 – 4 as registered on the NQF.
Candidate will need to meet the needs and requirements of the Anglo American Platinum “operations”.
In addition it provides the relevant information needed to journey this qualification to help ensure that “on – and off the-job training” in apprenticeship is successful for all involved.
Work of Role Output
- Apprentices are required to adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning agreement.
- Responsibility to know what is involved in their trade, to learn and to apply their skills and to serve the employer’s productivity needs to the best of their ability.
- Responsibility to take control of their training, to ask questions and seek answers.
- Demonstrate ability and competence as per apprenticeship requirements within the scheduled duration of 3 years.
- Apprenticeship programme trains and develops workers to meet industry standards for a given trade occupation.
- Programs combine progressively challenging tasks, learned and practiced on-the-job and with classroom training.
Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
- Interested internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- External candidates can apply by visiting the Anglo American website www.angloamerican.com/careers(BELOW IS LINK), Follow the links to Careers / Current Vacancies / Job Search Enter the above reference number / job title and continue
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Applications close: 05 May 2017 16:30 South Africa Standard Time