SANCCOB, South Africa’s leading marine non-profit organisation, offers a variety of internships and job opportunities that will prepare those interested in following a career in bird rehabilitation and conservation.
We are seeking a Procurement and Logistics Intern to join our dynamic team in the Western Cape, Cape Town.
The successful applicant will assist the Procurement and Inventory Officer to manage and control all stock and supplies, including sourcing, purchasing and receiving in a controlled and responsible manner, ensuring maximum savings and financial efficiency for the organisation.
- Assist with sourcing stock and supplies, and arranging efficient delivery
- Placing stock orders
- Assist with regulating major suppliers and establishing a vendor master file
- Stock control:
- Ensure that all stock is duly received and accounted for
- Assist in maintaining stock control
- Assist with providing logistic support for all projects and operations at SANCCOB
- Assist with maintaining company vehicles and controlling usage
- Assisting with general administration and reception duties
- Assisting the finance team with obtaining any related documentation and invoices
- This position will be best suited to a Procurement & Stock Control student or recent graduate who seeks to gain practical experience.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable proof of the following:
- Computer literacy with advanced Word and Excel skills
- Strong administration skills
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Length: 12 month internship
Closing date for applications: 8 March 2017
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 17:00
Monthly contribution to living costs of R2000.00 will be given to intern
Reporting to: Procurement and Inventory Officer
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward CV (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Volunteer Coordinator.