The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the external bursary programme for the 2017 academic year.
The NDMC bursary seeks to fund selected students enrolled for qualifications in disaster risk science and management.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
· Preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals, and proof thereof must be provided
· Applicants must have obtained admission at a South African, public institution of higher learning, of their choice
· Applicants who intend to study disaster risk science and management at a public institution of higher learning from which admission is obtained
· Students who are financially needy and academically deserving.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
• Brief Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation letter
• A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above (students already at Institutions of Higher Learning should have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects and must attach the 2016 academic year results)
• Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from recognised institution of higher learning
• Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document (SA Citizen)
• Proof of residence
• Proof of income (for parents/guardians in the case of dependants) or affidavit in cases where the student does not have one or both parents.
Successful students are expected to enter into a contractual agreement with the NDMC.
The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary.
The NDMC reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted to: The Senior Manager Disaster Risk Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X 804, Pretoria, 0001.
All queries should be directed to:
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 06 MARCH 2017
NB: Incomplete Bursary applications and applicants who are already recipients of government sponsorships (including state entities) will NOT be considered!