The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) is offering bursaries to learners/students who have been accepted to study at Public Higher Education Institutions and TVET Colleges in South Africa.
The W&RSETA has identified as one of its strategic objectives the need to support learners who have registered to further their studies at Public Higher Education Institutions in South Africa, addressing Outcome 4.2.3 of the National Skills Development Strategy III which is to ensure that high-level national Scarce Skills are being addressed by work-ready graduates from Higher Education Institutions.
Applications for the 2017 Bursary Scheme are open for students who are registered / accepted for the following Degrees/Diplomas at Universities or National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) / National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Programmes at TVET Colleges which are related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector Scarce Skills priorities:
HETI (University) DEGREE/DIPLOMA
- Retail Business Management
- Purchasing Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Information Technology / Computer Science
- Food Technology / Nutrition
National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) PROGRAMMES (TVET) – N4 TO N6
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
- Hospitality and Catering Services
National Certificate Vocational (NCV) PROGRAMMES (TVET) – LEVEL 2 TO LEVEL 4
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Transport and Logistics
To qualify for the bursary, students must be accepted/registered at a public Higher Education Institution (University, University of Technology or TVET College)
The W&RSETA has allocated bursaries as follows:
- 1500 for new Unemployed TVET students and 1000 new Unemployed HET students.
- The bursary covers cost of registration fee, tuition fees, books, accommodation, and meals where applicable, up to a maximum amount of R65 000 for HET and R45 000 for TVET Colleges per annum;
- The programme is for full-time studies at any public South African University and TVET College
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Students will not be funded for longer than the stipulated duration of the qualification or studies;
- Students will not be funded for subjects/modules they have failed;
- Students must have been accepted by their preferred public South African University / TVET College;
- Students that were previously funded by the W&RSETA and failed do not qualify; and
- Students with other sources of funding will not be considered.
There is a limited number of bursaries available, and if you have not received any correspondence from the W&RSETA within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful
Interested applicants are required to download and complete the application form.
The application form, together with bursary guidelines is available on the W&RSETA website.
Completed application forms with all supporting documents as prescribed on the application form must be submitted to W&RSETA via email email@example.com by no later than the 17 th of February 2017.
For any assistance in completing the form and/or any additional information, please visit your nearest W&RSETA office as per attached list or a W&RSETA office based at a TVET College nearest to you as per attached list.
Closing Date: 17th February 2017