The Wholesale and Retail Sector Education and Training Authority, a public entity established in terms of the Skills Development Act no. 97 of 1998, is inviting companies within the Wholesale and Retail Sector to participate in the 2017 Internship Programme for TVET College students.
Companies are required to place unemployed TVET College N6 students with Wholesale and Retail and related qualifications from ANY of the PUBLIC Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges for workplace experience.
The qualifications should address Scarce Skills that are listed in the W&RSETA Sector Skills Plan (SSP) published on the W&RSETA website which include, but not limited to the following:
National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) PROGRAMMES (TVET) – N4 TO N6
- • Financial Management
- • Marketing Management
- • Human Resource Management
- • Management Assistant
- • Clothing Production
• Hospitality and Catering Services
The W&RSETA will provide a learner stipend at a rate ofR2500.00 per month for a student with N6 TVET Record of Achievement/Certificate who requires placement for a specific period, to obtain a qualification.
INTENSHIP PLACEMENT PROCESS
Employers should submit a Letter of Intent to the W&RSETA by no later than 28 February 2017, indicating the following
- o Employer’s SDL number;
- o Number of interns to be hosted;
- o Type of Interns;TVET;
o Field of Study/Skills required
- Employers must recruit and select their own TVET interns
- Employers must notify the W&RSETA of their selected interns and submit the following documents:
- o Completed Registration Form (DHET Requirement).Forms available on the W&RSETA website;
- o Intern’s qualification certificate or Statement of Results;
- o Copy of Intern’s ID;
- o Letter of appointment and Employment Contract between Employer and Intern; and
o Company Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (SARS requirement)
The following criteria are applicable prior to any grant payments being effected:
- Contract signed between the W&RSETA and the Employer;
- Fully completed grant claim form;
- Verification Report (1st tranche payment only) from verification conducted by the W&RSETA;
- Quarterly Monitoring Report;
- Implementation Plan and Outcomes; and
- Proof of 3 months interns allowance payments ( applicable for second and subsequent tranche payment)
All relevant documents and forms are available from the W&RSETA website.
Learner Stipends will be paid into the Employer’s bank account and payments will be effected in 3 tranches.
Closing date for the Letter of intent is 28 February 2017 to be submitted to the W&RSETA at firstname.lastname@example.org.