The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works hereby invites applications for internship programme that exists within the Department.
The Internship Programme offers students that have already received a certificate of completion from the academic institution practical experience in the work place to increase their employment opportunities.
The Internship Programme will run for a period of one (1) year.
The stipend for the internships is as follows;
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degrees in the built environment will receive R21,856 per month.
- Applicants with a B.Com (Accounting) will receive an amount of R4989.51 per month.
A total of 17 internship opportunities are available to applicants in possession of Bachelor’s Degrees in the following fields based at the Head Office in Pietermaritzburg;
- Mechanical Engineering – Ref No ME08/2016 – (2 x Interns)
- Structural Engineering – Ref No SE 08/2016 – (3 x Interns)
- Electrical Engineering – Ref No EE 08/2016 – (3 x Interns)
- Architecture – Ref No Arc08/2016 – (2 x Interns)
- Quantity Surveying – Ref No QS08/2016 (2 x Interns)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) – Ref No BCom08/2016 (5 x Interns)
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
Provide a CV and certified proof of the qualification they have obtained.
Be unemployed and only applicants who have never served an internship previously will be considered.
Provide an affidavit in this respect signed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
Should be between 18 and 35 years of age.
Must be South African citizens residing in KwaZulu-Natal. Must provide proof of residential address (original municipality account, bank statement, original letter from Tribal Authority or Councillor).
Preference will be given to unemployed youth in the rural areas, especially women and people with a disability
Applications for the internship programme must be submitted with completed and signed Z83 Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM application forms quoting the reference number indicated above.
Closing date is 28 September 2016.