An exciting new opportunity has opened up at Pyrotec Cape Town. The logistics department shall be providing an opportunity for a dedicated and hardworking individual to join the company on a purchasing/supply chain management learnership.
Pyrotec is a privately owned South African company specialising in a comprehensive range of coding and labelling equipment, on-pack informational and promotional devices, services that can detect and combat counterfeit activities, self-adhesive and hardware products for offices and homes as well as a range of kids craft activities.
The successful candidate shall assist the Purchasing Supervisor as well as the overall Logistics department.
This learnership involves the company paying for the successful candidate to complete a one year course whilst the individual works as a purchasing/supply chain management trainee.
Please note this learnership position shall be for one year only.
- Matriculation certificate
- Computer literate – intermediate to advanced
- References will be required
- Office environment work experience within a finance or logistics environmentCore Competencies
- Possess a solid work ethic
- Assertiveness and drive
- Planning and organising skills
- Accuracy skills – attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm whilst working within a pressurised, stressful and busy environment.
- Purchasing – materials and production requirements
- Liaising with relevant suppliers and following up on suppliers’ invoices, statements, orders etc.
- Obtaining necessary quotes
- Assisting with estimating when required
- Administration duties
- Generate and issue purchase orders
- Handling customer/supplier queries when necessary
- Ensure compliance to Pyrotec’s policies and procedures
- Assisting with the co-ordination of stock management and stock take
HOW TO APPLY