The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Office Administrator Intern in the BioFISA Programme Office, which is hosted by the Biosciences unit.
The incumbent will be responsible for office administration of the projects funded by the programme.
This position is based in Pretoria.
- Coordinate meetings, including arranging the venue and refreshments.
- Assist with the planning and arrangement of events, including but is not limited to training courses, stakeholder workshops and exhibitions.
- Prepare minutes, agendas, training programmes and other appropriate documents.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff.
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of office equipment and furniture.
- Support the BPU team in various tasks such information searches (web), updating contact database and other administrative tasks as needed by the team.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National diploma in office administration.
- B Tech or Honours degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year experience will also be an added advantage
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
The following competencies are critical for this position:
o Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
o Good organisation skills;
o Record-keeping skills;
o Excellent communication skills;
o Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
o Proactive approach to problem-solving;
o Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
o Willingness to take on new challenges.
Closing Date: 11 August 2016
HOW TO APPLY