Grootbos Foundation seeks to appoint a Research and Impact Intern, based in the Western Cape.
The Grootbos Foundation is a nonprofit organisation, established in 2003 with the vision of transforming communities and conserving our environment through the creation of sustainable livelihoods and active citizenship.
It is the foundation’s mission to conserve the unique Cape Floral Kingdom, the region we call home; and to develop sustainable livelihoods through ecotourism, enterprise development, sports development and education.
The Grootbos Foundation creates sustainable project models which are replicable and scalable in order to assist the communities that surround us, and those in other regions.
Many of our projects generate their own income and/or are partially self-sustaining, of which we are very proud!
The Foundation’s implementation strategies are based on three integrated ‘umbrella’ programmes: ‘Green Futures’ which focuses on conservation, ‘Football Foundation’ which focuses on utilising sport for development, and ‘Siyakhula’ which focuses on the creation of sustainable livelihoods through enterprise development.
The organisation’s overarching objectives include:
- Conserving, rehabilitating and protecting the natural environment of the Western Cape region, particularly the flora and fauna on Grootbos Private Nature Reserve and the Walker Bay region;
- The provision of education relating to indigenous horticulture, agriculture, conservation, ecotourism, greening and life skills education;
- Training and skills development for disadvantaged persons with the purpose of enabling them to obtain employment or become self-employed;
- Using sports and sports facilities as a tool for social integration, promoting healthy lifestyles for youth, and increasing environmental awareness and life skills among communities;
- Research, including ecological, educational, social and scientific research on topics related to our core programmes;
- Developing sustainable and innovative solutions to tackle the issue of food insecurity.
- Working for the Grootbos Foundation means immersing yourself in the development field and positively contributing to the lives of South African children and community members.
The Grootbos Foundation has three subsidiary groups: Football Foundation, Green Futures and Siyakhula. The coach and sport management intern will mainly work with Football Foundation.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of Grootbos Foundation programs using an already developed online system Work alongside the coaches and ensure daily registers are recorded and monitored
- Track the progress of all of the projects in the Foundation using indicators such as attendance, pre/post tests and questionnaires
- Complete case studies on individuals, programs and the Foundation which can be shared with funders or partners
- Complete research which provides insight for Grootbos Foundation in order to improve already existing programs or recommendations on a community need or desire for new programs
- Establish partnerships with South African and international Universities for further research
- Project manager or facilitate projects such as Female Empowerment or Integration.
- attained or in pursuit of Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Experience in Academic Monitoring and Evaluating Research
- Native-level English speaker, with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Proactive with excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at a given time.
- Ability to create fundraising proposals
- Sports background
- Working/volunteering/studying overseas, preferably in a developing country
- Nonprofit experience
- Grant writing experience
- Data Analysis experience in professional setting
- Basic IT troubleshooting skills
- Teaching or coaching experience; work with children
- Knowledge and understanding how sport as a tool can address social and educational issues
- Knowledge of current issues and developments in the sports and training field, including an interest of government policy and initiatives
Closing Date: 31 July 2016
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.