Massmart invites applications for its 2017 Graduate and Store Operations Development Programmes.
Massmart drives excellence to achieve price leadership in the distribution of branded consumer goods through an exceptional multi-format wholesale and retail portfolio.
Founded in 1990 and listed on the JSE Limited, Massmart is a South African-based globally competitive regional management group, invested in a portfolio of differentiated, complementary, focused wholesale and retail formats.
The Group’s brands consist of: Game, Dion Wired, Makro, Builders Warehouse, Builders Express, Builders Trade Depot, CBW, Jumbo Cash and Carry, Cambridge Food and the Shield buying group.
Graduate Trainee Programme
- To successfully complete the Massmart Graduate Development Programme (theoretical and practical) in accordance with the set Programme standards.
- To demonstrate understanding of key retail theoretical concepts and their application in real-life business contexts.
- To ensure participation in and completion of all individual and group assignments in line with the required Programme standards.
- To successfully execute on-the-job training in line with specific role requirements and divisional line manager’s expectations.
- To ensure understanding of and adherence to all company policies and procedures in the execution of Programme learning activities.
• To effectively take part in the mentorship and buddy programmes to ensure continuous learning and acquisition of meaningful work experience.
• To ensure appropriate use and tenure of all company assets (laptop, 3G card, etc.) to avoid unnecessary expenditure.
To participate in the annual Massmart Customer Survey to assist the Company in future planning processes.
Store Operations Development Programme
Divisions of Massmart Holdings are looking for Diploma or B Tech final year students with a real passion for retail to participate in this developmental programme for 12 months.
All successful candidates will be deployed to work in various stores nationally i.e. Makro (Gauteng & KZN), Builderswarehouse (Gauteng), Cambridefood (KZN) and Masscash (Gauteng; Eastern Cape; KZN; and Free State).
The aim is to prepare candidates for roles in Store Management; therefore these roles are NOT head office roles.
Candidates must be willing to work in the store environment and build a long-term career in retail store operations management.
Working in stores requires someone who has a high-level of tolerance for dealing with difficult and varying customer queries, working long hours (including weekends), high levels of resilience, adaptability and energy, someone who is practical and willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
- Graduate Development Programme: minimum requirement final year or completed a University Degree.
- Store Development Programme: minimum requirement final year or completed a three year National Diploma or a Bachelor of Technology/Advanced Diploma.
- A keen interest in retail, willing to roll up your sleeves, high levels of energy, good interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial air.
Closing date is 31 August 2016.