Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from suitably qualified persons for 2 Municipal Finance Management Internship positions (Two Year Contract)These posts require dedicated and highly motivated people who have obtained a 3 year tertiary qualification to participate in an Internship Programme that seeks to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government finance. This internship is the initiative of the National Treasury; with the objective to help build sufficient strategic management capacity at Local Government level. A training programme is currently being developed which will expose the successful applicants to all facets of Local Government related financial services. It must be noted that at the conclusion of the Internship contract period, the Municipality is neither obliged to extend the contract period nor to offer permanent employment.
Salary Scale: R96 000.00 Per Annum (All Inclusive), No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid etc) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in respect thereof.
- A B. Com degree with majors in Accounting and or Auditing, or a relevant three year tertiary qualification with computer literacy
- Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Must reside within the Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality (reference letter from your Ward Councillor). Willingness to learn more while working under pressure.
Key Performance Areas
- Perform basic accounting functions.
- Interpret finance legislation & policies.
- Process invoice payment from the capture and verification of the source documents.
- Manage the interface between the Department payroll and accounting system.
- Undertake budget controls on expenditure and revenue.
- Oversee expenditure management reconcile grants.
- Be trained in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
How to apply
A letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and ID document must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, IXOPO 3276 by no later than 16h00 on 08 July 2016.Faxed applications will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Mrs LH Khumalo at 039 834 7700
Via – Ubuhlebezwe Municipality