The NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film & TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered in South African tertiary institutions.
The National Film & Video Foundation (NFVF) is a statutory body mandated to spearhead the equitable growth and development of the SA film and video industry.
However, Live Performance or Acting programmes are excluded.
Four (4) bursaries will be awarded for the 2017 academic year with a cap of R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
- Must apply six months before the course starts.
- Be a South African citizen;
- Have a good academic record;
- Demonstrate a need for a financial assistance; and
- Enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for a full time studies; post graduate film/TV programme (course must be commencing in January 2017 and not available in South Africa).
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the certified copies of supporting documents as indicated in the application form.
Applications will not be considered if:
The application form is incomplete or wrong information is provided;
Supporting documents are missing or not certified;
Please note that applications sent via email or fax will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2016 at midnight.