The GIBB Bursaries scheme is currently open. The below is an overview of this bursaries scheme and what it offers to students.
What is offered?
A GIBB bursary covers:
- Cost of tuition at any university in South Africa
- Travel costs where applicable
- Accommodation where applicable
- Vacation employment
- Students must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card.
- Students must be studying towards an Engineering Degree, Honours or Masters, with specialisation in the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Rail and Roads.
- Students must have successfully completed their 1st year of study.
- For students in University 2nd, 3rd year, Honours or Masters, studying in one of the fields mentioned above need to maintain a 60% average to apply.
You must attach certified copies of the below documents in order to be considered:
• Matric Certificate
• Full tertiary academic record
- Employment at any GIBB office in South Africa
- Practical training, as required by the university, will be provided where possible during winter and/or summer vacations.
- The tenure of the bursary is subject to good academic progress. Should a bursary holder’s academic results fall below an average of 60%, the continuance of the bursary may be reviewed.
The closing date for bursaries is the 31 August 2016.
Please click on the below link and select the 2017 External Student Bursary position.