The Durban ICC is calling for suitable Graduates to join their graduate programme within the Operations Department. The graduate programme is a 12 month programme.
The position within the Graduate Programme is that of a Technical Trainee.
The incumbent will be required to perform tasks supporting five events within the Durban ICC, a 7-day, 24hr business.
The position reports directly to the respective Operations Manager, working closely with the Technical Administrator, the Technical Operators and Co-ordinators and respective team members as well as the Operations & Events Department.
Only graduates who have completed a relevant qualification at a recognised tertiary institution within 24 months of their application for this position will be considered for employment.
The Durban ICC is one of the most advanced conferencing facilities in the world, having been voted Africa’s Leading Conference Centre at the World Travel Awards for 15 years.
- Audio Visual Diploma/ Performing Arts Technology/ specializing in sound, lighting and audio-visual / similar tertiary certification.
- Computer skills.
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
- Good communication skills.
- High tolerance for working under pressure.
- Confidence to deal with irate/difficult clients.
- Attention to detail and quality orientated.
- Willing to work flexi-hours (including weekends and public holidays) as and when business dictates. Team player.
Key Performance Areas:
- Performs activities associated with setting up and installation of stage door, lighting, sound and special effect equipment.
- Prepares for internal and external events held at the Durban ICC through verbal and written communication both on an internal and external level.
- Preparation and processing of quotations for internal and external clients
- Preparation and processing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders according to client requirements.
- Performs tasks/ activities associated with the operation of technical equipment and devices during functions/ events.
- Works closely with internal and external clients as well as suppliers and service providers.
- Performs specific tasks associated with storage, issue, removal and replacement of equipment and consumables from the Technical store.
- Ensures that the Operations sheet and floor plans are followed accurately and additional requested/ requirements are executed timeously.
- Hands-on delivery and quality checks to ensure that the Durban ICC standards are constantly adhered to.
- Provides solutions to problems/ challenges by communicating with senior team members.
- Undertakes general administration and clerical tasks such as but not limited to: stock-take, event reports, attending to client queries. following up on delivery of services, ensuring stage certifications take place etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must reach the Human Resources Department , Durban ICC PO Box 155, Durban 4000 or 45 Bram Fischer Road, Durban 4001 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will automatically be disqualified Applicants who have not been contacted 30 days after the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applicants with criminal records will be required to declare such records with the full understanding that certain criminal activities may be considered to be incompatible with employment by the Durban ICC.
Closing date is 01 July 2016.