With our global footprint of over 70,000 employees, strong portfolio of brands and spread of operations across developed and developing markets, SABMiller is well placed to continually improve on this growth.
A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme.
The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
UNEMPLOYED LEARNER FOR PACKAGING LEARNERSHIP
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-21650
To provide 12 people with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging, NQF Level 3.
They will enter into a fixed term contract with ABI Midrand Manufacturing, during which they will undergo both on-the-job and theoretical learning, culminating in a national qualification.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Matric/N3 certificate in Engineering with mathematics and science or studying towards a relevant degree/diploma.
• No experience required
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
• A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
• The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
• The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
• Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
UNEMPLOYED LEARNER FOR WAREHOUSE LEARNERSHIP:
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-21648
The purpose of this program is to equip learners to understand and acquaint themselves with the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to distribution within the Wholesale & Retail sector, thus enabling them to become more effective employees.
This Certificate provides learners with grounding in all areas of Distribution.
This may enable them not only to increase their productivity within the Wholesale and Retail Sector but also to apply their learning in various other business environments.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Matric with Maths and Science
- Diploma: Logistics Management an added advantage
- No Experience required
DURATION OF THE LEARNING PROGRAMME:
A learner embarking on this Qualification needs to obtain a minimum value of 120 credits to qualify for the Qualification; this learnership runs over a period of 12 months.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
LEARNERSHIP: The qualified learner will be exposed to:
• Reading, writing and verbal communication within the distribution environment
• Rational and irrational numbers and number systems
• Receiving of stock into the wholesale or retail outlet
• Maintaining stock balances
• Safe delivery of stock to customers
• Legal requirement, organisation policies and procedures for the transportation of goods
• Administrative functions related to stock receipt and delivery
• The packing of stock in appropriately selected areas
• Picking of stock
• The financial impact of stock on the business
• Picking, packing and movement of stock in order to minimize damages
• Stock flow through the DC/Warehouse
• The recording of stock movement on the stock management system
• Stock take procedures
• The wholesale & retail business environment
• Legislation regarding Occupational Health and Safety and applicable safety procedures in the workplace
• Appropriate actions to be taken with regards to hazards and emergency situations
• Maintaining of Internal and external housekeeping standards
• Maintaining of Customer service and satisfaction levels
• Self motivated
• Attention to detail
• Ability to interact well in teams
• Ability to work effectively in teams
Location: ABI Midrand Manufacturing
Country: South Africa