The Harry Gwala District Municipality invites applications from young people who are interested in a Finanial Internship.
FINANCIAL INTERNSHIP (5 posts)
R120 000.00 p.a. (total cost to employer)
Duration: 36 months
The Council of Harry Gwala District Municipality have established five contract positions geared towards capacitating young graduates for a career in local government finance in this area of jurisdiction.
Municipal officials working in conjunction with the National Treasury, to ensure the trainees’ progress to a successful career in the Municipality, will provide substantial training and support.
The Department of Financial Services offers graduates an opportunity to acquire valuable work experience in the following disciplines:
• Auditing (2 positions)
• Financial Management (3 positions)
Applications are invited from dynamic individuals with the following characteristics:
• A complete three year B.Com Degree/National Diploma with a major in either Financial Management, Management Accounting, Local Government Finance and Internal Auditing
• Unemployed graduates who have not been previously employed under any internship program
• Excellent computer literacy including good skills in Excel, Word and Power Point
• A working knowledge of developments in local government finance
• Commitment to establishing a long term relationship within Harry Gwala District Municipality, skills transfer within the Authority and to other less empowered Local Authorities.
All the enquiries must be directed to: Mr M. Mkatu, Acting Municipal Manager, (039) 834 8700 and must reach us no later than 30 June 2016.
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter; updated CV, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts and a certified copy of Identity Document.