The ANC Caucus internship programme is aimed at providing additional capacity to the Research and Development Unit of the ANC Parliamentary Caucus in its research and development responsibilities.
The African National Congress Parliamentary Caucus’s support service has a Political Research and Development Unit which is responsible amongst others for:
- Coordinating research support to Clusters, Study Groups and individual ANC Members of Parliament;
- Providing strategic content in the drafting, analysis and presentation of research information;
- Providing research support to the Office of the Chief Whip;
- Providing induction and training of Researchers;
- Providing political analytical documents on a range of subjects covered by study groups and clusters;
- Providing political advocacy to the Office of the Chief Whip and Caucus
- Implementing tasks related to research planning, research strategy and research standards
- Operating a Performance Management & Development System and
- Providing political education for researchers
The internship programme will offer graduates and postgraduates students and those with equivalent experience the opportunity to acquire practical work experience through mentoring and exposure to the research environment of Parliament and a working relationship with ANC MP’s.
This will provide a platform to enhance insight into the legislative arm of the state, issues of governance, policy oversight, legislative drafting and will simultaneously deepen their research skills in a dynamic environment.
This opportunity is also offered to those unemployed graduates and postgraduates who are interested in political writing skills; research and research management; and focused research support.
University graduates with Bachelor’s, Honours, B Tech, M Tech or Master’s degrees may apply and those who have equivalent research experience but who may not be certificated in recognition of prior learning and experiential skills.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Unemployed South African graduates and postgraduates from institutions of higher education or those with equivalent research experience and are proven established members of the African National Congress in the followings fields and are willing to be placed in the internship programme of the ANC
- Political Science
- Development Studies
- Agrarian Studies including Rural Development
- Social Development
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Research and Development
Women and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be based at the seat of Parliament in Cape Town and will be required to perform tasks as part of the learning process.
The internship programme is offered for a period of 12 months.
Successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of the internship period.
Interns will receive a monthly salary ranging between R6, 636 and R 7, 875 per month, depending on the level of qualification or experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by e-mail
Submit a covering letter, a comprehensive CV, proof of established ANC membership in good standing.
Please scan in and attach certified copies of qualifications, academic record, SA ID to the Acting Head of Human resources:
email@example.com or fax to: 086 626 7129
A copy should be emailed to the Head of Research & Development:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 726 2909
Closing date: 30 June 2016
Applicants must note the following:
– Failure to adhere to the above requirements and furnishing of the required documents will automatically disqualify the application.
– Applicants should consider their application unsuccessful if they not receive any response within three months from the application date, as correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
Telephone number: 021 403 2065
The ANC Parliamentary Caucus reserves the right not to make an appointment.