Food24.com, a division of Media24 is looking for an Intern at their offices in Cape Town.
This will be a paid internship for 12 months and the successful candidate must have a passion for Food.
Job Title: Food24-Intern
Business Unit: Digital
Job Type Classification: Intern
Location – Town / City: Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa
• Working in a small, fast-moving editorial team to produce clever, useful online food content (sometimes on the fly, sometimes days or weeks ahead)
• Producing and editing repackaged content for clients
• Supporting editorial and executive staff
• A formal writing or journalism qualification.
Skills & Competencies
• Writing experience (published pieces and/or personal blog)
• Experience with content management systems a major plus (any blogging counts!)
•Familiar with the Food24 editorial voice and aesthetic
• Loves food, appreciates the importance of home cooking and cooking with the seasons
• Meticulous editor, perfectionist, obsessive attention to detail, maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
• Excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude
• A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small
• Interested in and engaged with social media like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Snapchat
• Loves problem-solving and collaborating with the aim of driving Food24 forward
• Knowledge of food and restaurants a plus
Closing Date: 19 May 2016