Are currently a university graduate or post graduate student? MSF recruits medical and support staff to work internationally.
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or to people that are excluded from access to health care.
The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
MSF South Africa is located in Johannesburg with an office in Cape Town.
MSF Southern Africa was founded in 2006 and is a section of the MSF international medical humanitarian movement.
MSF SA is governed by the MSF Southern Africa Association, which is made up of more than 300 members from seven countries in the region.
Social Media Intern
The MSF SA Digital Team plans, executes and actively manages online content, digital campaigns, social media and fundraising initiatives. The team is made up of two (2) to four (4) individuals- two (2) from the Communications Department and two (2) from the Fundraising Department.
We make data-driven decisions about which messages to share and where/when to share them. We are always looking for new ways to engage with the South African audience online and inspire them to act. We actively monitor and constantly vary our digital activities to best connect with our audience.
Our objectives are to raise awareness of MSF and its activities, inspire South Africans to donate and assist with the recruitment of medical and support staff to work internationally in MSF projects.
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, related Apps & other social networking tools & platforms.
- Some experience in managing social media accounts a distinct advantage.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- An interest in humanitarian issues.
Closing Date: 30 May 2016