Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to study medicine in Cuba via the North West Department of Health: Study Medicine in Cuba.
• Candidates must have passed Matric with minimum medical university entry requirements such as: Physical Science=4; Maths=4; Biology/Life Sciences=4; English=4
• Only candidates with endorsement for a degree/diploma will be considered
• Candidates must be under 25 years of age before 31 December in the year of recruitment
• Candidates must be physically and medically fit
• Applicants must be South African citizens and resident in the North West Province
• Applicants must have a valid passport or must have applied for one at the time of application; proof of application must be attached
• Successful candidates will be required to sign a contract with the Department before departure
• Applicants must note that the Medical Training in Cuba is preceded by a 12-month of Spanish Tuition Course
• Successful candidates must be committed to undertaking orientation to South African conditions upon their return, before deployment in the Province
• Successful candidates must be committed to working in the most underserved areas of the Province upon completion of their studies, or being placed anywhere in the Province
• It is the Department’s prerogative to place students and it has the final say in the posting
• Students already studying or have obtained a tertiary qualification will not be considered
• Students with criminal records will not be accepted.
Application forms are obtainable from any Sub-district Office of the Health Department or from the Provincial Office (Mmabatho), Office No 127, HRD Unit, First Floor, Tirelo Building.
Enquiries: Ms L Rapholo, tel. (018) 387-1808/1799
All applications must be directed for the attention of Ms Mirriam Kgori, and can be hand delivered at the Department of Health, Office No 127, Tirelo Building or posted to Private Bag X2068, Mmabatho 2735.
Closing date: 30 April 2014