All applicants may obtain a KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Bursary Application Form from the nearest Government Hospital, Human Resource Department, to where your family home is in KwaZulu-Natal.
A poster advertising the KZN Department of Health’s Bursary Program will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Internet, Clinics and Municipal Offices, and will clearly display the respective fields of study / scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health.
Please ensure that you apply for a bursary if you are indeed studying for a degree/diploma as captured and advertised on the poster per District.
You may therefore not apply for a bursary if the field of study you intend studying toward is not captured /reflected on the poster.
When Can You Apply:
KZN Department of Health Bursary Application Forms, for each academic year, can be collected from all Provincial Hospitals from 01/05 to 31/08 of every year.
Late applications will not be considered.
- The applicant must be from KwaZulu-Natal
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- The applicant must have proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- The applicant must not be in receipt of another bursary
- The student must not have another degree/diploma
- Recommendations will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents income as follow:
- R0 – R120000 (Tuition, Meals, Books, Accommodation)
- R121000 – R150000 (Tuition, Meals and Accommodation)
- R151000 – R200000 (Tuition, Accommodation, Books)
- R201000 – R250000 (Tuition, Accommodation)
- R251000 – R300000 (Tuition only)
Closing date for applications: 31 August of every year
Application Forms are only accessible at our Health Institutions, they cannot be made available on this site for control purposes