The Thandulwazi Intern – Teacher Training Programme, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College.
These positions will be appointed from January 2017.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
1. Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Science.
2. Students already registered in one of the above courses with UNISA.
3. Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching
4. Previously disadvantaged South Africans residing in Johannesburg.
5. Obtained 60% in the required subjects.
Benefits you will receive:
Mentoring by an experienced educator.
Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment.
In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees at UNISA and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance during term time.
- Workshop conference allowance.
- A monthly stipend.
Applications are invited from South African citizens.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from Thandulwazi within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Closing date: 13 May 2016
If interested please apply online here: Click Here