The City of Cape Town municipality is inviting applications from unemployed young South Africans for their Electrical Heavy Current Apprenticeships.
City of Cape Town Apprentices (Electrical Heavy Current) | Only Grade 12 or NCV4 or N3
The apprenticeships are available to young South Africans with a technical Grade 12, NCV4 or NTC III qualification.
Apprentices will be paid an annual salary of R83 025 (equates to R6 918.75 per month).
What are the requirements?
- Technical Matric (Grade 12 English, Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Physical Science and Technical Drawing); OR
- Full NCV 4 (Electrical); OR
- A minimum of an NTC III technical qualification (Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Science and any fourth subject) with Matric and English;
- A real interest in the electrical field;
- A valid driver’s licence (preferably Code C1 – old Code 10) would be recommended. (you can apply even if you do not have a license).
How to apply?
An application form MUST be completed when applying. These forms are available from:
– 2nd Floor, Cape Town Civic Centre
– Electricity Training Centre, Brackenfell
– Block F, Bloemhof Electricity Depot, Bloemhof Centre
– Parow Electricity Depot, No 1 Jean Simonis Street, Parow
– Wynberg Distribution Depot, off Rosmead Avenue, Wynberg
Please deliver your completed application to the 2nd Floor, Cape Town Civic Centre.
Closing date: 20 November 2015