Are you an unemployed graduate in possession of an NQF level 7 or NQF level 5, between the ages of 18 and 35, known for being the hard worker, motivated and disciplined? Home Affairs might be the place for you.
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Work Exposure Learning Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work.
The Department is offering a stipend of R3 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 5 qualification and R5 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 7 qualification.
Upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service.
The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
Female candidates and people with disabilities will be given preference
Finance (200 Posts)
• Head Offi ce (Hallmark) (40 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1)
• Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1a)
• Free State (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1b)
• Gauteng (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1c)
• KwaZulu-Natal (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1d)
• Limpopo (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1e)
• Mpumalanga (15 Posts)(Ref. HRMC 80/15/1f)
• Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1g)
• North West (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1h)
• Western Cape (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/1i)
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification with Financial Accounting
• Basic computer literacy
• Hard worker, motivated and disciplined
• A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
• Carry boxes off shelves and move boxes to other offices
• Asset physical verification
• Account reconciliation
• Prepare and post journal entries
• Clear bank exceptions.
Records Management (65 Posts)
• Brits Records Storage (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/2a)
• Head Office (Hallmark) and Hyvries Records Storage (35 Posts) (Ref. HRMC80/15/2b)
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Library and Information Science/Information Studies/Archival Studies/Public Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification
• Basic computer literacy.
• Process transferred records
• Arrange records collection
• Provide archives services to the Business Units
• Assist in process of records disposal programme
• Conduct records collection audit
• Regress and label damaged boxes
• Execute general duties upon request
• Create and capture files including bundles
• Retrieve files per request
• File incoming files
• Handle the transfer of records
• Handle the incoming and outgoing mail.
Civic Services (95 Posts)
• Brits Archive Facility (Brits Town) (45 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/3a)
• Rosslyn/BVR (50 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80/15/3b)
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Office Administration/Archives and Records Management or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification in Office Administration/Archives and Records Management.
• Retrieve and draw records
• Scan and file drawn records
• Deal with telephonic enquiries from back offices and other stakeholders regarding feedback and status of document requested
• Perform any other administrative functions in support of the Directorate
• Exercise effective batch control to ensure effective and accurate preparation for scanning.
Legal Services: Litigation (10 Posts)
• Head Offi ce (Ref. HRMC 80/15/4)
• An LLB Degree or a 4-year recognised qualification in the related field
• Litigation experience/background
• Knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa
• Conceptual and analytical thinking
• Numeracy and legal writing skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal and policy interpretation skills
• Planning, organising, diplomacy and time management skills
• Honesty and integrity
• Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ensure a legal support service in general litigation matters
• Inform the Department on Court Orders and monitor the implementation thereof
• Advise the Department on trends that could lead to litigation against the Department.
Immigration Services (30 Posts)
• Head Office (Ref. HRMC 80/15/5)
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or any post-Matric qualification
• Willingness to work in dustry offices and long hours.
• Be responsible for filing and scanning of files
• Record cases on the database
• Move boxes between offices
• Perform general admin duties.
• Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based
• The roles will require some physical duties,ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offices, spending long hours standing, may be requested to work extra hours without remuneration
• A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
• Applications will only be considered from South African citizens
• Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered
• Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification Document
• Application form (Z83) should be signed and dated OR the application will not be considered
• Should any applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA
* As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks:
* Credit clearance
* Criminal check
* Qualification verification
* Reference check (verbal).
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID together with a completed Z83 application form, to the Department of Home Affairs, Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001 or 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0001.
Closing date: 21 October 2015