The City is offering 100 bursaries to South African citizens, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in 2016.
The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development opportunities, not only for its employees, but also for the Johannesburg community members.
Criteria for selection:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
The City will fund studies in anyone of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Town and Regional Planning) Commerce
- Community Services (Disaster Management, Emergency Medical Technician)
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Environmental Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Entrepreneurial/Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Health (Nursing)
- Information Technology
- International Relations & Protocol
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Production and Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation )
- SAP (Systems Applications HCM, CRM, ISU, FI, SCM, Budgeting, Cost Control & Plant Maintenance)
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
The programme covers tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 25,000.00 per academic year.
Deadline for applications is 16 October 2015.