The University of the Free State invites applications to apply for x6 Student Learning and Development Internship opportunities.
These are 1 year contract positions based within the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with venue administration, including ad-hoc problem solving where venues are concerned. li> Assist with portfolio assessments on Blackboard. li> Assist with the logistics of all tutor training sessions. li> Compile a database with full details of tutors and assist the Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) to complete ad-hoc claim forms for tutor payments. li> Capture attendance data on Oracle. li> Assist the TLC in providing thorough constructive feedback to fellow tutors during observations. li> Liaise with tutors and create an evaluation schedule for each semester. li> Distribute, collect and scan evaluation forms for reporting purposes. li> Provide guidance to tutors with regards to uploading session plans on Blackboard. li> Assist tutors with planning and implementation of specific modules.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and the ability to manage events/processes effectively and independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Facilitation skills.
- Administrative and basic research skills.
Registered or planning to register for postgraduate studies in 2016.
A strong academic profile.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year to participate in the project.
Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties: 1 November 2015.
Closing date:28 September 2015.