An organization in the Media industry has availed an opportunity for a 1 year Internship in HR for a suitable graduate. The Internship provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, and to gain the skills and experience necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in human resources.
The HR Intern provides HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team, Clients and Teammates. The Intern(s) are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to HR generalists and consultants on various projects.
- Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements
Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Foster time management skills
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes
- Track cost and effectiveness of media outlets for job postings
- Sort incoming resumes and logs them into appropriate tracking databases
- Coordinate candidate interviews
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Completed relevant University Degree with a focus on Human Resources
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & E-mail
- This position is accompanied by a stipend