The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development is committed to youth and skills development in the country in line with the National Skills Development Strategy. The bursary programme aims to promote quality education and skills development within the critical and scarce skills sectors linked to the Core Business of the department.
- Be a full time student
- Academic potential/satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution)
- Provisional acceptance or proof of registration at an institution of higher learning
NB: Learners with a disability who meet the above mentioned requirements are encouraged to apply.
Duration of the bursary:
Bursaries will be awarded for the prescribed duration as determined by the learning institution for the Degree / B-Tech.
Fields of study – Applications are invited from candidates in the following fields of study:
- BSC/BEng /B-Tech: Civil/Structural Engineering (Reference: GPDID 2015/16/1)
- BSC/ BEng /B-Tech: Mechanical Engineering ((Reference: GPDID 2015/16/2)
- BSC/ BEng /B-Tech: Electrical Engineerin (Reference: GPDID 2015/16/3)
- BSC/B-Tech: Architecture/Quantity Surveying/Construction Management/Interior Design (Reference: GPDID 2015/16/4)
- BCom: Supply Chain Management (Reference: GPDID 2015/16/5)
Value of the bursary:
The bursary will cover the registration and tuition fees payable directly to the institution of learning. Prescribed Text Books and equipment. Student Accommodation (Detailed motivation to be attached to the Bursary Application).
How to apply
Closing date is 16 October 2015. Applicants are required to complete the GDID Bursary Application form, obtainable from any GDID office or click here to download it. Accompanied by a certified copy of your Identity Document, all educational qualifications, grade 12 certificate, or a copy of your academic record which confirms completion. Applications must be hand delivered to reception area at 11 Diagonal Street, ABSA Bank Building, Johannesburg.
Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
Should you not hear from this office within two months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.