Momentum is offering an exciting 12-month internship opportunity to IT graduates who are enthusiastic and motivated, looking to gain experience in the IT field. This position is based in Durban and reports to the IT Manager. The tester is responsible for all testing related deliverables and activities within the IT department. This will include execution of a test plan and the testing strategy.Responsibilities
- The execution of test plans for each area of business.
- Participate in the change process to improve efficiency of testing.
- Formalize communication to ensure accurate reporting on deliverables.
- Ensure signoff on all test deliverables according to agreed test plans.
- Work in partnership with the Business Analysts, Test Analysts and
- other IT and Business personnel.
- Report and estimate on testing requirements and progress.
- Continually build and enhance knowledge of testing best practices.
- Continually improve the testing process by suggesting new and innovative testing methods and testing automation.
- Support the Business and Test Analysts when required for testing
- Build regression test packs
- Use the UAT environment to assess if the system supports day to day business and user scenarios and ensure the system is sufficient and correct
- Completed B.Com / B.Sc. degree, or IT Diploma, or equivalent 3 year IT qualification
- IT work experience will be advantageous
- Agile development methodology knowledge advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a crisis effectively
- Be a team player
- Be able to work independently when required
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical thinking skills
How to apply
Applications close on 19 August 2015. Click here to apply online