Transnet NPA has a Security Informations Systems Graduate Opportunity in Cape Town. This is a 24 months programme only.
- Ensure that the security systems remain fully functional and are effectively managed, administered, maintained and operated throughout the ports system.
- Protect and secure integrity of the security system by profiling all security system users, and ensuring secure application, Operating Systems (OS) and networks.
- Scope and manage security systems processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the security system support business performance. Implementation of security systems standing operational procedures.
- Ensuring data availability within a port or area of responsibility.
- Create and maintain users profiles and related documentation and authorization. Implement systems technical standards.
- Create systems operational procedures.
- Develop security systems configuration. Implement systems maintenance and develop service level agreement
- Develop security systems administration operational procedures for the port.
- Setting up and monitor cameras tours.
- Setting up Access control zones, restricted areas, personnel profiles and user configurations.
- Configuration of Access Control Readers and controllers.
- Setting up and maintaining enrolment stations.
- Camera settings before and after an event. Monitoring IP addresses, setting and resetting them up.
- Implement access control matrix for port buildings and restricted areas.
- Degree/Diploma in (Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronics – Electronic Engineering or Datametrics
- Security (Corporate sector or Police or Military)
- SIRA registration minimum Grade C
- OS, Network technology, DBMS, storage, Camera technology, Compression, SDK’s server environment, SQL, embedded systems Stakeholder needs and engagement Business and knowledge and understanding of the organisation
- Record keeping, procedures and systems Inter-relationship of data, information, records and reports Relevant policies, procedures and legislation
- Knowledge of Transnet and TNPA MDS and why needs to be measured
- System integrations, interfaces, configuration and performance.
- Deals with paradoxes
- Evaluates information data, reports and records
- Evaluates systems and processes
- Sound communication skills
- Develop network Teamwork Information processing
How to apply