Absa Capital are looking for a newly qualified degreed graduate to join their Infrastructure Middle Office (IMO) team for a 1 year learnership program. The junior change analyst will work mainly on business requirements as part of the programme of work to deliver the infrastructure target operating model to Absa CIB. This involves requirements gathering, conceptual solution design, testing and integration relating to most aspects of trade data and master reference data.Accountabilities:
Analysis and testing tasks as part of project implementation:
- Work closely with the change lead to provide input to plan the implementation.
- Working with the business representatives to determine business requirements and where appropriate consider alternative methods of resolving business issues. This must include a thorough consideration of all implications to the business of identified requirements, including the identification of any potential issues or functional omissions.
- Fully documenting the analysis carried out, (this may include for example the production of context diagrams, interaction diagrams, use cases, scenarios and object models). The enabler should be able to fully explain all diagrams and models to business representative(s) and end user(s), ensuring that they match the business requirements.
- Working with IT groups to convert business requirements into working solutions – this includes some understanding of data schemas.
- Assisting the change lead in agreeing the ownership of data classes and developing data contracts between suppliers and consumers where appropriate
- Provide subject matter expertise to colleagues on the team where necessary
- Escalation of issues and problems to the change lead where necessary.
- Understand vision, purpose and strategic fit of the project.
- Understand the PCG and finance conceptual target operating models
- Testing of solutions delivered by IT to ensure they meet the business requirements in a controlled way
- Providing post go-live support to business end users for a reasonable period
- Participating in training sessions necessary for the project delivery where necessary.
- Regular feedback to change lead on progress, issues, resourcing levels, project manager and IT performance
- Regular updates to project manager on progress at task level.
Interaction with subject matter experts in relevant BAU functions:
- Interaction with end users to determine their requirements at a detailed level
- Participating in project working groups where necessary.
- Maintaining relationship with IT developers working on your tasks
- B degree/similar qualification
- Excellent Numeric Ability
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- An appreciation of IT system architecture
- Performance orientated and client service driven
- Business acumen
- Ability and willingness to escalate
- The ability to work in a pressured and unstructured environment and to cope with the demands of working to tight deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Exceptional academic track record
- Project planning and execution skills
- Knowledge of project methodologies (specifically Agile)
How to apply