Closing Date: 01 July 2015
Transnet Group Services has a position for a corporate communications graduate in Johannesburg. This trainee position requires degreed candidates who are able to actively and enthusiastically engage in all aspects of corporate communication. This covers both internal and external communications and includes (but not limited too) branding, social media, eventing, etc.
• Assist in implementing social media activities;
• Coordinating with all communications stakeholders across the organisation;
• Online advocacy, writing editorial, competitions;
• Assist Media Relations Specialist with drafting press releases, co-ordinating press functions; Assist in internal communications in the planning and execution of corporate events, campaigns, competitions, etc;
• Work with the branding and marketing team to execute the marketing plan;
• Leading, planning and execution of external corporate events, campaigns, competitions, etc;
• Identifying events that highlight Transnet’s leadership capabilities which promotes thought leadership – for example at universities, professional bodies and conferences.
• Maintaining and managing Transnet’s key stakeholder databases
• Building and enhancing relationships with all communications stakeholders across the organisation; Assist in implementing social media activities;
• A recognised degree in communications/ journalism
• Succinct and compelling communicator
• Good listener Accuracy
• Computer skills
• A theoretical knowledge of communications, with the ability to interpret theory for practical purposes.
• Must demonstrate a keen interest in social media and communications technologies e.g. intranets.