Closing Date: 31 July 2015
Register on the database for contract employment opportunities at Statistics South Africa, the national statistical service of South Africa, with the goal of producing timely, accurate, and official statistics in order to understand complex socio-economic phenomena.
Stats SA undertakes various surveys and projects, for example, Census, Community Survey, Labour Force Survey, General Household Survey, amongst others. From time to time these surveys and projects require that contract staff be employed. You are invited to register online for inclusion on the database used to identify potential candidates for these contract positions. As the Census and Community Survey is conducted in every area of the country, people of every racial group and from all areas are encouraged to apply.
Contract employment opportunities exist in different provinces and districts. During Census and Community Survey, all areas of the country are covered. An employment contract stipulating duration, job content, remuneration and other conditions, will be provided when opportunities for such contract employment arise.
Opportunities for contract employment usually arise as outlined below:
• Fieldwork – Going door-to-door to collect information from householdsData capturing
• Data processing – Capturing of completed questionnaires (data) – Sorting, coding and quality checking
• Clerical and administrative – Jobs such as receptionist / secretary, general assistants (e.g. cleaners), etc.
• Supervisory – Supervision of any of the above categories where necessary
• These contract employment opportunities will better suit those who are not employed elsewhere.
Applicant must the following requirements:
• be in possession of a minimum of a Senior Certificate (Matric or equivalent).
• be proficient in English plus any other official language.
• be willing to work on weekends and after hours.
• be an RSA citizen and who do not have a criminal record.
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply online