Sun International established the Sun International Community Development Trust to fund the implementation of the group’s corporate social investment strategy, which remains focused on expenditure in the areas of education, health, welfare and cultural activities.
The Sun International Bursary Programme administered by Studietrust grants bursaries to students in areas of studies relevant to the hospitality and leisure industry:
• Food & Beverage Studies
• Hospitality Studies (at all levels and in all areas of specilization)
• Hotel Management
• Human Resources Management
• Sport and Recreation Studies
• Marketing and Sales
• Information Technology
• Management Studies
• Finance (Accounting)
• Electrical Engineering (light current at TVET level)
• Plumbing (TVET level)
Who may apply:
South African citizens interested in studies at South African Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges for degree, diploma and certificate programmes in the above fields of study.
Preference is given to:
- Current Grade 12 learners
- Matriculated applicants waiting for a study opportunity
- Full-time students in their first year studying towards qualifications in the fields specified above
- Female applicants from previously disadvantaged communities
Applicants who live in close proximity of Sun International Hotels and Resorts.
Bursary type: partial
Main selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need.
· The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
· The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September.
This deadline applies to all modes of application