South African Airways Technical Learnership Apprenticeship for young male and female South Africans. Apply today for SAA Technical: Learnership / Apprenticeship Programme 2015 / 2016 Programme.
Selection criteria will be of the highest standard so as to attract the best suitable talent available.
Passed Grade 12 with the following subjects with at least a “D” symbol on HG or a “C” symbol on SG or minimum of Achievement level 4 or Equivalent on both Mathematics and Physical Science:
Mathematics, Physical Science and English
Passed N3 with the following subjects with at least a D symbol: Mathematics and Engineering Science
The following trades are offered. In order of preference, state two trades which you are interested in:
1. Aircraft Mechanics
Maintenance of the Airframe and power-plant
2. Aircraft Structures
Maintenance of the Aircraft Structure
3. Aircraft Welding
Weld , repair, and engine components, plasma spray, heat-treat, manufacture parts tooling per manufacture and repair
4. Aircraft Spray Painting
Corrosion prevention repair of paint coating, application of protective coatings and paint decoration of interior and exterior of an aircraft.
5. Aircraft Composite Structures
(1)Repair , network and rebuild all composite interior and exterior components,
(2) Rework aircraft Acrylic windows
6. Aircraft Electroplating
Repair and refinish aircraft parts and components with electo-planting, enodising and surface treatment process.
7. Aircraft Turner Machinist
(1)Manufacture, repair and rework of aircraft components
(2) Manufacture and repair aircraft related tooling
8. Aircraft Trimming
Manufacture, repair, inspect and maintain all types of aircraft interior components and maintaining of survival equipment
(1) Electrician – Maintain electrical system in a variety of aircraft
(2) Radiotrician – Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots and test all radio communication and navigation equipment
(3) Instruments – install, adjust, test, maintain and repair instruments, compass swing and passenger service units.
Closing Date: 19 June 2015