The Baxter Theatre seeks twelve ushers in the Front of House department on an ad-hoc basis for appointment commencing 1 July 2015. The successful candidates will assist the Front of House staff to provide excellent customer service to the Baxter’s patrons and ensure public safety. (Reference number: E50528)
Nestled under the striking Devil’s Peak mountain and at the foot of the University of Cape Town, the Baxter boasts a world-class theatre and concert hall, as well as a studio stage, rehearsal rooms, offices, a restaurant and bars and an impressive, spacious foyer.
- A matric certificate or equivalent qualification
- A friendly disposition coupled with sound interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fluency in English and at least one other official language
- The ability to work well under pressure, both as part of a team and independently.
- Alertness and the ability to think quickly in an emergency.
- A strong sense of customer service
Advantageous: Previous experience in the hospitality industry or in theatre would be an advantage. Duties and
To assist patrons at the Baxter Theatre Centre by performing duties such as:
- scanning admission tickets
- ensuring that patrons are seated timeously and in the correct venue
- assisting patrons to find their seats
- helping patrons to locate facilities such as the restaurant, bar and toilets
- assisting with any patron’s special needs
- settling seating disputes and helping to resolve any other patrons’ concerns
- guiding patrons to exits or providing any other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
The rate of pay per hour is R26,45
How to apply
- UCT Application Form (download here)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 685 7880 / 021 680 3967
Closing date: 29 May 2015
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
Via – UCT