The ARC-Central Office (ARC-CO) – Smallholder Agricultural Development Unit seeks to appoint 20 unemployed agricultural graduates that are based on the following provinces: Mpumalanga, Limpopo, Eastern Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal.
The call is for dynamic young unemployed agricultural graduates between the ages of 18-35.
Only South African Citizens are invited to apply.
Successful candidates will be based on the above mentioned provinces and work with the local communities.
These smart minds will be trained and mentored over a one-year period to provide assistance to smallholder farmers in their respective communities as Agricultural Development Knowledge Brokers.
During the training, graduates will work under mentorship of the ARC, based specialized commodities.
If and when applicable, graduates may be expected to attend some courses offered by the ARC or its partners.
• Must have Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Agriculture or related fields
• Provide evidence of significant academic achievement in previous studies.
• Appreciate diversity and facilitate change in the agricultural development extension environment.
• Passionate about working with smallholder farmers
• Excellent Intrapersonal and interpersonal skills with good professional conduct
• Be completely dedicated to the mentorship process and
• Be able to cope with pressure and to interact effectively in sensitive situations.
The closing date for applications is 08 May 2015.