The Nkangala District Municipality invites applications for Finance and HR Internships. Successful camdidates will receive an annual stipend of R80 000. Applications close on 29 May 2015.
1. Finance Graduate / Intern
- Recent graduates in the fields of accounting, economics or finance.
- The candidate should hold a three-year Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics, and Finance including either Risk Management or Auditing among others.
Duties: The MFMIP seeks to assist municipalities to develop the knowledge and skills of the interns employed under this programme in areas such as strategic planning and management, municipal budgeting and finance management
2. HR Graduate / Intern
- Grade 12 Certificate, National Diploma / Degree or equivalent in Human Resource (HR) Management / Development
- Computer literacy (Microsoft office) is essential
- Applicants must be unemployed, recently qualified and be residing within Nkangala District Municipality
- Original copies of certificate and proof of residence is required with applications
- Verification will be done to ensure that applicants are residing in Nkangala District Municipality.
Duties: Interns will be assigned administrative work in the Human Resources office and will engage in recruitment related activities as well as being assigned other activities, such as data capturing, filing, organizing meetings and minute taking to ensure relevant work place experience
Candidates must be South African citizens or permanent residents. The successful candidate will undergo security vetting and enter into an employment contract. Disclosure of financial interests, as requested, must be submitted.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an application letter, detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications and identity document, and send it to: The Municipal Manager, Ms M M Skosana, PO Box 437, Middelburg, 1050, Mpumalanga. Hand delivered applications may be submitted to the Municipal offices at 2A Walter, Sisulu Street, Middelburg, Mpumalanga.
Nkangala District Municipality reserves the right not to fill any of the positions. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Ms Hlengiwe Nkosi on (013) 249 2082
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.