The purpose of this learnership is to afford 10 learners the opportunity to gain on- the- job exposure, as well as theoretical exposure, culiminating in a occupational qualification entitled Wholesale and Retail Distribution NQF2.
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-17797
Key Purpose Statement
This program will equip learners to understand and acquaint themselves with the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to distribution within the Wholesale & Retail sector, thus enabling them to become more effective employees.
This Certificate provides learners with grounding in all areas of Distribution. This may enable them not only to increase their productivity within the Wholesale and Retail Sector but also to apply their learning in various other business environments.
- Grade 12
- Bias for action
- Self motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
Output and Accountabilities
After this Learnership, the key outputs will be:
• Reading, writing and verbal communication within the distribution environment
• Rational and irrational numbers and number systems
• Receiving of stock into the wholesale or retail outlet
• Maintaining stock balances
• Safe delivery of stock to customers
• Legal requirement and organisation policies and procedures for the transportation of goods
• Administrative functions related to stock receipt and delivery
• The packing of stock in appropriately selected areas
• Picking of stock
• The financial impact of stock on the business
• Picking, packing and movement of stock in order to minimize damages
• Stock flow through the DC/Warehouse
• The recording of stock movement on the stock management system
• Stock take procedures
• The wholesale & retail business environment • Legislation regarding Occupational Health and Safety and applicable safety procedures in the workplace
• Appropriate actions to be taken with regards to hazards and emergency situations
• Maintaining of Internal and external housekeeping standards
• Maintaining of Customer service and satisfaction levels
The duration of this learnership will be 12 months. Only online applications recieved via SAP will be considered. Closing date 28 May 2015.