Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for driving the business within a particular category group on bidorbuy.co.za, as if it were your own online marketplace. This includes:
- Conception and execution of a business plan for those categories.
- Growing the base of buyers and sellers for those categories.
- Expanding the content related to those categories.
- Managing online and offline marketing for those categories.
- Online and offline marketing.
- Public Relations.
- Google Adwords campaigns.
- Category Management.
- Content Management.
- Affiliate Programme Management.
- Accountability for revenue and expenses for those categories.
- Developing industry knowledge and consumer trends of those categories, and an understanding of competitive positioning, bidorbuy’s value proposition for sellers and buyers, and the dynamics within that marketplace on bidorbuy.
- Developing business insights through regular reporting and analysis.
- Building relationships around niche interest groups and initiating participation in events related to those categories.
- A completed tertiary qualification in Commerce, with Marketing or Business Management (an Honours degree would be an advantage), or a PDM degree.
- Proven, strong written and oral communication skills – will be demonstrated with both customers and senior executives.
- Results focused, with the ability to set deadlines and deliver timeously on them.
- A high degree of self motivation and initiative.
- Lateral and creative thinking.
- Ability to build solid professional relationships with all stakeholders, including prospective buyers and sellers, partners, colleagues and suppliers.
- Have a keen interest in the Internet, Marketing and Business.
- Have a passion for a particular category or group of categories on bidorbuy. (For example, photography, jewellery, or computers)
- Energetic, and flexible personality.
- Be prepared to network, wherever possible, with various interest groups insofar as attending social / club meetings in the areas of the categories you’ll be responsible for, understanding that such meetings could take place after hours.
- Your role will require you to do a degree of travel.
- Own reliable transport is required
How to apply
Closing date for applications is 20 June 2015. Click here to apply