The purpose of the Cadet Graduate Programme is to give young graduates the opportunity to learn more about the operations of a central bank and to equip them for the world of work.
Applicants who have recently completed, or are in the process of completing, their degree in one of the following fields:
- Money and banking
- Business statistics
- Mathematical sciences
- Risk management
- Finance or commercial law
• The duration of the programme is 12 months. Each graduate is assigned to a department at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria to complete the practical training
• The cadets are introduced to, and familiarised with, the operations of departments, and the corporate environment and its culture
• The cadets receive tuition at the South African Reserve Bank Academy (SARB Academy)
• They are provided with a strong support system, which includes experienced coaches and mentors to guide them through the learning process
• Academics, subject matter experts in the Bank and other specialist consultants are invited as guest lecturers on the programme
• At the end of the programme successful learners are awarded the Programme in Advanced International and Central Banking, a qualification offered by the University of Johannesburg (UJ) in collaboration with the SARB Academy
• The Bank also considers cadets for permanent positions at the end of the programme.
How to apply
The 2016 intake advertisement will be posted in due course.
Click Here to SARB Academy Cadet Graduate
Click Here to Cadet Graduate Programme