The Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) is offering bursaries to students who want to pursue careers in air traffic management.
ATNS External Corporate Communications, Percy Morokane said successful candidates will be granted once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCO), Assistant Air Traffic Control Officers (AATSO) and Aeronautical Information Management Officers (AIMO).
He said their programme provides each bursar with an opportunity to study at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park, Ekurhuleni.
Requirements for prospective students:
- Matric certificate with a pass in the following subjects: Pure Maths (Level 4 / HG – D or SG – C or above) and English (Level 4 / HG – D or SG – C or above)
- South African citizen with a valid Identity Document
- Candidate must be medically fit
Skills and Competencies
- Good Communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork and Multi-tasking skills
- Quick decision making skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Spatial reasoning ability to include visualisation of future situations.
- High self-esteem and confidence level
closing date August 31, 2015.
Interested applicants are requested to apply on-line at www.atns.co.za or fax their applications to 011 607 1508/ 1548/ 1531 –SAnews.gov.za