The Compensation Fund, Pretoria, invites interested individuals to apply for an Internal Audit Learnership Programme (Structured Learning Programme consisting of a theoretical component and practical work experience). The duration of the Learnership is 24 months and, after completion, the Learner will have gained credits towards the Internal Audit Technician qualification.
Salary: R183 438 per annum
REF NO: HR 5/1/2/3/8
- A relevant NQF Level 7 (B Com Degree/National Diploma) in Internal Auditing or equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge of Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and Guidelines, Internal Audit Concepts, Frameworks and Methodologies, Internal Audit Activity Charter, Audit and Risk Committee Charters, Government Accounting Standards (GRAP), International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA): (1) Definition, (2) Code of Ethics, (3) Standards, (4) Practice Advisories and (5) Practice Guides, Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations.
- Good communication,
- Computer literacy,
- Keen interest and commitment to learning,
- Excellent problem solving, planning, time management, conflict resolution and analytical thinking abilities.
- Applicants should be South African citizen.
- Applicants should not have participated on Internal Audit Technician programme before.
- Successful candidates will attend 8 training modules facilitated by the Institute of Internal Auditors spread throughout the 24 month period.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to: Chief Director: Human Resources Management: P O Box 955, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delver at 473 Stanza Bopape Street (Church Street), Benstra Building, Arcadia.
For Attention: Sub-directorate: Human Resource Operations, Compensation Fund.
Applications must be submitted on form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) including Matric and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 20 April 2015 at 16:00
For enquiries contact Ms BC Gumbu on (012) 406 5611
Via – Department of Labour