The City of Cape Town’s Traffic Services Deaprtment invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for its Traffic Officer Learnership Programme. The training will take place at the Metro Police Training Academy in Observatory. This is an 18 month Learnership in which learners will receive an allowance of R3 364.50 per month.
The City of Cape Town is a world-class employer, with over 22 000 staff members who work in a wide range of disciplines.
- Grade 12 and a willingness to complete the required training
- A valid code B Drivers Licence
- No criminal record
- Physical fitness
- Trainees must successfully complete the Further Educations and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement
- Computer literacy
- Successful candidates must attend
- Successful candidates must attend classes for the duration of the learnership
Key Performance Areas
- Successful completetion of the Further Educations and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo a driving and medical test.
- All candidates may be subjected to undergo a fitness assessment.
- All candidates may be subjected to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS.
- Candidates will be subject to the code of conduct of the College, as well as the pass requirement stipulated by the college.
- The City is not obliged to offer a permanent position after completion of the training, candidates will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the academy and training in accordance with the firearm and ammunition Act.
How to apply
The City is using SMS Technology to receive your application.
Apply by sending the word “TRAFFIC”to 33385. Applicants may be required to answer 11 questions via SMS at a cost of R1.50 per SMS.
Closing Date: 27 March 2015