On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24 in Gauteng, currently requires the services of a Graduate – Sales and Marketing.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as Graduate – Sales and Marketing, reporting to the Departmental Head. The position will be based at their offices in Auckland Park.
Main purpose of the role
This position has been designed to give the incumbent an entrance into the world of work within the Media and Logistics industry. This is a fixed term position of 12 months which will allow the graduate to gain valuable work experience within his/her field of study.
- Minimum 3 year tertiary qualification in Sales or Marketing (or similar)
- 0-1 year experience in the relevant field
- As this is a Wholesale and Retail Seta funded initiative, successful applicants will be entitled to a monthly stipend to cover basic expenses
- The ability to travel to other sites of the company
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills (verbal & written; individual & teams; reports & presentations)
- Business acumen and understanding (supply chain, systems, processes, efficiency, etc.)
- Abstract, verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Pro-active, change friendly and able to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills (conflict, influence, negotiation, relationship building, diversity)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build up an understanding of the business unit they work during the learning program period, including an understanding of supply chains, systems, processes and capabilities.
- Analyse the business unit’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to be able to learn what the business is about as well to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and form an internal network of contacts that can act as a platform for future influencing and implementation of projects/ analyses.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to inter-department managers as well as clients
- Gather sales information from Sales Consultants and compile proposals/ analyses and present to Senior Management
- Assist with client query resolutions
Closing Date: 13 March 2015