The National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) is a public health laboratory service with laboratories across South Africa.
NHLS invites applications for Medical Technicians (Student) Learnership opportunities (36 Month Fixed-Term Contract). Limited positions are available in training laboratories for Medical Technicians (Student) in the 2015 intake. Positions are available in specified disciplines, in the various Regions stated below.
- KZN REGION (EThekwini South, EThekwini North, Academic Complex, Midlands, Inland, Zululand, UMkhanyakude)
- GAUTENG REGION (Gauteng South- Leratong, Carletonville, Kopano, & Gauteng North – Tembisa)
- LIMPOPO & MPUMALANGA REGION (Nelspruit, Polokwane, Ermelo, Witbank, Tshwane Academic, Dr. George Mukhari)
- FREE STATE & NORTH WEST REGION (Free State – Welkom, Manapo, North West – Mafikeng, Tshepong, Rustenburg)
- WESTERN & NORTHERN CAPE REGION (Northern Cape – Kimberly, Tygerburg, Groote Schuur, WC Green Point)
- EASTERN CAPE REGION (Nelson Mandela Tertiary Laboratory – Umtata, Border Region – East London, Port Elizabeth)
Medical Technicians (Student): The individuals will undergo training in the performance of laboratory tests and related procedures according to a set curriculum.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Science and Computer Literacy
Please note: Should the applicant be successful in completing his/her academic requirements for registration as a Medical Technician with the HPCSA, the employee may be expected to work for the NHLS in the relevant profession as a Medical Technician for 3 years. Candidates must clearly stipulate their preferred discipline/s and preferred location.
Due to inherent job and operational requirements, the applicable re-employment screening and relevant qualification verifications will be performed on short-listed candidates.
The NHLS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The NHLS employment Equity targets will guide the filling of positions and will give preference to disabled candidates.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply online (Link only works with these browsers: Safari and Internet Explorer 8 or higher)
Closing Date: 13 March 2015
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to Tebogo Tena, tel. (011) 885 5400
Correspondences will be limited to short-listed candidates. If you have not heard from the NHLS within 8 weeks of the closing date of the application process, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.