BHP Billiton is looking for a Laboratory Operator at Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), based in the Kalahari, Northern Cape. They mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world.
Your main role will involve safe, accurate and timeous analysis of shift samples using different analytical techniques, reporting of analytical results to processing plants, safe storage and disposal of routine lab chemical waste and old samples, adherence to Laboratory standard operating procedures and QA/QC protocols, and housekeeping.
- Grade 12 with Maths and/or Science.
- Certificate/Diploma in Chemistry would be advantageous.
- Previous laboratory experience of at least 1 year would be beneficial.
- Drivers License code 08
- Must pass the pre-employment medical examination in line with the inherent requirements of the job.
Key Performance Areas:
- Sample receiving & Logging in LIMS.
- Sample weighing and disposal
- Operate Analytical Equipment such as Auto-titrator, ICP-OES, Presser and XRF.
- Timeous reporting of Analytical data.
- Adhere to Safety and GLPs Standards.
- Personally, your core competencies will be teamness
- Action Orientation
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Oral Communication
- Organising and Delivering Quality Results
- Intermediate skills in Ms Packages( Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- You should be medically fit
How to apply
Applications close 02 April 2015. Please forward your CV to: ManganeseRecruitment@